#ECUnited is much more than a simple hashtag. It is a grassroots student movement that started in 2016 and is led by a university wide steering board. Each year #ECUnited challenges the East Carolina community to bridge the worlds of ideas and actions through their development of a annual theme that is operationalized through partner programs, advocacy, and education. #ECUnited movement works to deepen the understanding of the issues that impact our local and global communities.
ECUnited – Campus and the Community
#ECUnited started with the focus on ECU’s campus as one student – one faculty member – one staff member – making a difference in the campus community to influence positive change. The next logical component is to engage the Greenville / Pitt County community and beyond. Check back to this website during the semester for updates and ways to engage / participate.
- Support partner programs where community concerns are a priority and dialogue is an expectation, focused on increasing understanding and influencing change.
- Build a community that advocates for equity and inclusion across faculty, staff, students, and alumni through the development of annual campus themes.
- Develop educational tools that promote the celebrations of civil discourse and freedom of expression as university community standards.
- Excellence Awards recognize the contributions of members who are transforming higher education through outstanding programs, innovative services, and effective administration. NASPA’s Excellence Awards cover eleven categories crucial to the success of students. Sharing our successes benefit students, improves institutions, and promotes our profession.
- Campus Security Crisis Management Student Conduct and Community Standards Violence Prevention – #ECUnited Initiative / East Carolina University