Pledge Purple is a yearlong initiative, focused on education and advocacy with the goal of ending sexual violence, harassment, and bullying. The university provides one week of focused programming in the fall, with this year’s activities scheduled for November 5-7, 2018.
I will not use my hands or words in acts of violence, bullying or sexual assault. I will educate myself about what violence, bullying and sexual assault looks like in the Pirate community. I will support my fellow Pirates and safely intervene as an active bystander if I witness scenarios of violence, bullying or sexual assault.
- Monday November 5, 2018 – RESOURCE DAY
- Photo Shoot for the Culminating Event: 10:00am – 5:00pm at Wright Plaza
- Resource Fair and Sign the Pledge Banner: 11:00am – 2:00pm at Wright Plaza and the Health Sciences Campus Student Center
- Bystander Intervention Workshop: Mendenhall Great Rooms at 2:00pm and Health Sciences Campus Student Center at 5:30pm
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018 – ESCALATION WORKSHOP and TAKE BACK THE NIGHT
- Photo Shoot for the Culminating Event: 11:00am – 2:00pm at the Health Sciences Campus Student Center
- Escalation Workshop: Health Sciences Campus Student Center at 1:00pm and 5:30pm; Mendenhall Student Center at 4:00pm
- Photo Shoot for the Culminating Event: 4:00pm – 6:00pm at Mendenhall Student Center
- Take Back the Night Rally & March: Health Sciences Campus Student Center at 5:30pm and Student Recreation Center at 5:30pm
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018 – CULMINATING EVENT
- A Peace of Mind – Conversation & Photo Display: Hendrix Theatre (Mendenhall Student Center) at 7:00pm (photo shoots will take place Monday-Tuesday at designated locations mentioned above)